Magical Michoacan 2020 / A Journey into the Day of the Dead
- 4* hotels based on double occupancy
Transfer from Mexico City to the city of Morelia, capital of Michoacan. Journey around Morelia´s downtown and later we will learn more about the tradition of building and creating altars during the Day of the Dead.
We will visit different pottery workshops, where we will learn about the enigmatic character of la Catrina during the Day of the Dead celebrations. You will make your own Catrina, and later we will visit the Fair of la Catrina.
A day dedicated to the mezcal, a traditional and very popular alcoholic beverage. We will visit an active palenque, where the producers will show us how mezcal is done…from an agave plant to the glass you will drink it. We will taste delicious typical dishes cooked by members of a local family, and as we eat we will enjoy the tasty mezcal. In the afternoon we will head off to the quaint town of Tzintzuntzan for a free walking experience on the night of the souls “when they transit through the purgatory.” A visit to the cemeteries tonight is a powerful and a very special experience since we will bear witness on how the local communities members celebrate their dead.
Today we will visit the magical town of Pátzcuaro, walking through its beautiful streets, enjoying the view of the lake, and basking on its architecture. In the afternoon we will participate in a culinary workshop learning about traditional dishes and local ingredients of Michoacan cuisine.
After breakfast we will board our motor boat to enjoy a peaceful ride in lake Patzcuaro, now enjoying the view of the city and little towns by the shore from the lake. After lunch we will head back to Mexico City.
- Trip Includes:
4 nights lodging based on double occupancy
Ground Transportation CDMX-Michoacan-CDMX
Cultural and Culinary experiences
Handicraft and culinary workshops
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The trip Does Not Include:
Items of personal use
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- To guarantee the booking a 30% of the total should be paid. This amount is non-refundable and in case the guest or Dopamina.Travel cancels the trip (in case the minimum number of people isn´t met, a natural or sanitary disaster or security risks) this amount will be held as credit for the client to choose another trip with Dopamina.Travel or reschedule for another date.
The final payment (70%) will be due 60 days prior to the date the trip begins.
- In case of cancellation up to 30 days prior to the trip, Dopamina.Travel will reimburse the 100% of the second payment (70%) and in case of cancellation 15 days prior to the trip, Dopamina.Travel will reimburse the 50%. No reimbursements will be done if cancellations are less than 15 days prior to the trip.
- For any cancellation the Dopamina.Travel team should be notified via email
- Magical Michoacan 2020
- Magical Michoacan 2020
For 2 people
For the cost of a different number of travelers
or any doubt here we are